Are you looking for a new career in sales, and not just another job? Modern Mattress is looking for someone to join our sales team. Its an opportunity for you to become part of a highly motivated and growing business, where your skill sets will be highly valued and put to use!
We’re looking for a motivated individual who is looking for full-time hours. The new team member will become an expert regarding our products and services, and learn to uphold the exceptional standard of business that we’ve established.
As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
– Reading text
– Document use
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Finding information
– Computer use
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
- An Associate’s degree or high school diploma.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.